The Roles and Responsibilities of a Business Objects Developer
There are several job profiles and designations in the industry that provide tremendous opportunities for growth and success. One of these profiles is that of a business objects developer.
Business object jobs are highly in demand because of the career prospects and good pay. A large number of people are now trying to get their hands on this profile to make their resume strong. There is not one, but many roles and responsibilities that have to be executed by a business objects developer.
Some of the roles and responsibilities of a business object developer are as follows:
- The first duty of the business object developer is to develop all the business objects according to the needs as well as requirements of the clients. He is supposed to comprehend what the client is looking for and make sure that it is presented to the customer on time.
- The business object developer acts as a communication link between the data analysts as well as the end users. He is responsible for transferring the information from the end users to the data analysts so that they can carry out the analysis in the most appropriate way possible.
- The business object developer is responsible for setting the key standards for the operations to be executed. He chooses the best standards and helps in the development of the processes and also facilitates the process of designing.
- The business object developer has to make sure that the specifications of the clients are not forgotten or misunderstood and all the solutions are obtained in accordance to these specifications of the clients.
- He is supposed to be the team leader and main person to communicate with in case of any glitch or doubt.
- He is supposed to keep all the members of the team informed about the status of the tasks carried out in the project and make them aware of all the working methodology and procedure so that they are well informed and they can cooperate and work together collaboratively.
- At the time of execution of the project, one cannot simply expect that all the tasks can be implemented with ease. Most of the times, there are several complex issues that keep arising and hinder the progress of the work. In situations like this, it is the responsibility of the business objects developer to help out the team members and look for optimal solutions.
- The business object developer has to carry out the testing of the project and see if it is working as required or not.
- He has to set certain deadlines and conduct assessments of the tasks from time to time.
- The business object developer must train, mentor and direct the members of the team as and when needed.